The newly-released Commerce enricher is a component of the SAP Hybris Profile package, which captures and persists information about:
- product views
- category views
- cart events
In a commerce scenario, a customer often looks at product detail pages. Thereby this customer reveals quite a bit of information. This is relevant for SAP Hybris Profile. With the consent from the customer, this enricher does the following things:
- It keeps track of how many times the customer views a certain product during the current session.
- It continuously updates the affinity that the customer shows a product in the course of the current session.
- At the end of the session, it updates the customer's overall affinity to the product.
In web shops, products are usually organized in categories. Customers can view a category and see all the products that are mapped to the category. By browsing such a category, the customer shows an interest in it, which SAP Hybris Profile captures and persists. Within a category view, this enricher can do the following things with consent from the customer:
- It keeps track of how many times the customer browsed the category during the current session.
- It continuously updates the affinity that the customer shows for the category during the course of the current session.
- At the end of the session, it updates the customer's overall affinity for the category.
Shopping carts are a common concept in commerce scenarios. Customers usually add products to a cart while browsing the shop's front end. Ultimately, a customer can convert a cart into an order. But customers do not always place an order. SAP Hybris Profile records the customers' carts that are not yet converted into an order and draws conclusions, with the appropriate consent from the customer.
When a customer places an order, SAP Hybris Profile can retrieve that event and add the information to the customer's profile. After that, the order usually goes through some update steps:
- The customer can cancel the order.
- The operator of the shop induces the shipment of the order.
- The customer can return parts of the order.
- The customer can return the whole order.
SAP Hybris Profile stores these steps in the customer's profile, too.
- To find out more about the SAP Hybris Profile solution, see the SAP Hybris Profile solution documentation.
If you find any information that is unclear or incorrect, please let us know so that we can improve the Dev Portal content.
Use our private help channel. Receive updates over email and contact our specialists directly.
If you need more information about this topic, visit hybris Experts to post your own question and interact with our community and experts.