With this release of the Media service, managing both private and public media files is easier than ever before!
With the Media service version v2, you can do the following:
- Upload all your media files easily with a temporary upload link you can pass to your client.
- Delete all unwanted media.
- Manage the file's metadata for improved clarity and arrangement.
- Decide who can access your media by using these endpoints:
/public/files- Files posted to this endpoint do not require a scope. Anyone can retrieve a file by sending GET request to
/files- Files posted to this endpoint require the hybris.media_view scope. All sensitive files, such as invoices, stored here are viewable only by you.
- List and filter your media files quickly using a query with response pagination.
Compared to v1, the v2 Media service has the following added capabilities:
- The file upload and download process is enhanced to improve scalability.
- Two separate endpoints are provided for private and public files.
- Filtering media files using basic query is now possible.
- A new migration tool simplifies moving all your media to the new version with just one request. For more information, see Migration Manager.
If you find any information that is unclear or incorrect, please let us know so that we can improve the Dev Portal content.
Use our private help channel. Receive updates over email and contact our specialists directly.
If you need more information about this topic, visit hybris Experts to post your own question and interact with our community and experts.