Push-based message delivery
This release marks a major milestone for the PubSub service. Previously, it allowed you to consume events only by actively pulling them from topics. Now, the PubSub service additionally offers push-based message delivery. This means that PubSub pushes events to you on demand.
When to use push message delivery
- If you need performance closer to real-time.
- If you prefer a simpler solution to the pull approach.
- Set up an HTTPS-enabled endpoint, protected by Basic Authentication.
- Use the new Push Subscription API to subscribe to a topic.
- Wait for the events to arrive.
For more information, check out the completely revamped PubSub service documentation.
If you find any information that is unclear or incorrect, please let us know so that we can improve the Dev Portal content.
Use our private help channel. Receive updates over email and contact our specialists directly.
If you need more information about this topic, visit hybris Experts to post your own question and interact with our community and experts.