The YaaS Storefront is a ready-to-use template, and can be set up as a fully transactional storefront within minutes, or you can use the template as a starting point to customize your own features and functionality. The storefront template is fully implemented with SAP Hybris commerce services and third-party services. It is also integrated with Builder modules for configuration and management of available functionality. The main attributes of the YaaS Storefront are the following:
- Single-page application, written in AngularJS
- Responsive, mobile-first design
- Extensible architecture
- Single and multi-tenant deployment modes
- Multi-site and localization capabilities
The template’s source code is available at https://github.com/sap/yaas-storefront. You can download, use, and contribute to it openly. To clone the storefront and run it locally, follow the instructions in the Set Up a Storefront guide, and subscribe to the packages described in the Commerce as a Service guide.
The YaaS Storefront is a standardized and dynamic offering that helps speed up project implementation and business innovation by providing many benefits, such as:
- Its vanilla design and clean codebase makes it easy to extend and create customized customer experiences.
- It offers basic, end-to-end commerce functionality out of the box. Some of the main features and functionalities are:
- Customized homepage banners
- Navigation based on category taxonomy
- Product and price display
- Cart with tax estimation and coupon redemption
- Guest checkout, and customer accounts integrated with checkout
- Plug-ins for payment and tax
- YaaS ensures continuous delivery of new features, improvements, and fixes to the codebase that are freely available for use.
- It offers full flexibility and scalability to accommodate any growth.
To see a live example of the YaaS Storefront template, visit the demo store at the following URL: http://shops.yaas.io/saphybriscaas/#!/home To place a test order, use the following payment test data:
- Credit card number: 4242424242424242
- Input any future card expiration date, in the form: MM/YYYY
- Input any three numbers in the CVC field, such as: 123
Features and functionality overview
The features and functionality available out-of-the-box in the YaaS Storefront template are described in the table below:
|Page||Features||Integrated Services||Builder Module|
Configuration and Management
|My Account page|
|Order Details page|
|Product Category and Search Result Listing pages|
|Product Details page|
|Order Confirmation page|
|YaaS Storefront||A configurable storefront template that can be further customized for your needs.|
|account||An account created by a customer in the storefront.|
|account email||The login email of a customer account.|
|address book||Part of the customer account in which multiple addresses can be saved for use in checkout.|
|completed||An order status stating that the order has been completed.|
|confirmed||An order status stating that the order has been confirmed and is being processed by an order fulfillment worker.|
|coupon code||A unique code used to apply a discount percentage or amount off an order.|
|created||An order status stating that the order has been successfully created in the system.|
|delivery method||The shipping method(s) and fee(s) available and applied to an order.|
|estimated tax||The estimated amount of sales tax that will be applied to an order, based on the entered ZIP Code.|
|guest||A customer that places an order without being signed in to the storefront.|
|order history||Part of the customer account in which previously placed orders can be viewed.|
|order number||The unique identifier of an order.|
|order status||The current state of the order workflow.|
|order total||The final payable or paid amount of an order.|
|password||The login password of a customer account.|
|shipped||An order status stating that the order has been processed and picked up by a shipping carrier for delivery to the customer.|
|shipping||The shipping cost applied to an order.|
|shipping address||The address used for order delivery.|
|subtotal||The summed price of all items added to a cart or in an order.|
If you find any information that is unclear or incorrect, please let us know so that we can improve the Dev Portal content.
Use our private help channel. Receive updates over email and contact our specialists directly.
If you need more information about this topic, visit hybris Experts to post your own question and interact with our community and experts.